The Complete Guide to Data Integration
- The Evolution of Data Integration
- The Traditional Data Warehouse
- Multidimensional Databases/ Modeling (Cubes)
- Self-Service Business Intelligence Tools
- Analytical Databases
- Data Lakes and the Emergence of ELT
- Modern Data Integration Architectures
- Data Federation – Finally Some Relief
- Data Virtuality: The First Logical Data Warehouse
- How it Works
- Logical Data Warehouse Use Case - Enabling Flexible Data Supply Chain for Financial Services
- Further Use Cases
Harnessing large amounts of data to make astute business decisions and improve operations is critical in this digital era. While our ability to generate data still far outstrips our ability to effectively analyze it, we are making great progress in balancing the two. New approaches are becoming increasingly necessary to merge big data solutions with traditional enterprise data strategies.
This e-Book examines the different data integration approaches that have evolved over the past decades. You will learn about the various benefits and challenges that each of these approaches bring and how or if these approaches can help you to overcome your data management challenges incl. data governance, breaking data silos, and real-time connection to meet the current business objectives.