Data warehousing as-a-service, born on the cloud, built for analytics
Evolving the data warehouse
Historically, building a data warehouse is a painstaking endeavor. You have to decide on specific data warehousing software and then determine and secure the proper balance of hardware and storage to allocate. After the physical makeup of the data warehouse is determined, you are tasked with building both the physical system and the logical data models.
This whole process introduces risk every time the data warehouse is changed, leaving you with new questions and doubts:
• Did you keep the proper balance of processing to data?
• Did you procure the right hardware?
• Was the data allocated correctly across the system?
• Was the hardware out of date?
• Was it compatible with new technology?
At any point in the growth process, a host of issues can occur.